Friday, June 20, 2008

When I get married, I totally want Twin Crystals to play




You know, I really should have done this a long freaking time ago because I love these dudes so much. Twin Crystals are so intense that I told them they reminded me of Rage Against the Machine after their set at the SLU SXSW showcase. Although they just kind of looked at me funny as I was way too messed up to articulate what I meant by such a bold statement, Rage comparisons are truly the cat's pajamas in my book. At least in terms of a live show. I mean, if I were to hear your cd and say that, than maybe you shouldn't be too psyched. But when I see a live show, I basically want a Rage like intensity at all times. I guess that means I may have some meathead in my blood somewhere up the family tree root plant. Who knew?
And, the fact that they can draw a Rage comparison with synths and not 5 string distorted basses speaks volumes. Obviously, they have more of a post Suicide No Wave sound on the record and that's great too. But I totally felt like I was hearing "Freedom" for the first time again at Beauty Bar that night. And as far as dudes go, they are certainly dudes among dudes. Shit, they fucking slept outside all week for no apparent reason other than their sheer hardcoreness. Than, they left Austin and went straight to Juarez for a show! That alone deserves more props than I am capable of bestowing. Shit, I've even been trying to convince my girl that we need them to play at our wedding and her opposition is making me seriously rethink the date we set three years in advance. So bottom line: sorry I didn't do this earlier and enjoy the Twin Crystals tracks I have on my computer now. And get hungry for more because Mr. Doug Kompany himself promises to finally show up in LA next week with a grip of SLU vinyl and wild boars armed with AIDS syringes couldn't keep me from blessing the entire internet community with more Crystalline goodness.

Twin Crystals "Trinity" mp3 zshare


Twin Crystals "With or Without You" MP3 zshare

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad i took to your advice on Motherless Brooklyn, it was the most meaningful two bucks i've ever spent in my life. And Thurston Moore's photo book is pretty awesome too, thanks