Tuesday, June 17, 2008

afternoons with ravens & chimes@ spaceland, 6/16/08 (afternoons MP3s!)




OK, I know I promised more Afternoons tracks by last week but I was out of it and couldn't get to Spaceland. However, that ended up being a good thing because I also got to see the awesome Ravens and Chimes from NY. After the predictably sick set from Afternoons, I was set to bounce and go pig out at Burger King before they closed. But, like any good music fan, I figured I'd stick around for the first couple songs from the next band. Usually, the last band on Mondays at Spaceland tends to be slightly more avant garde and slightly more ass. But Ravens and Chimes were fuckin sick. I kept staring at them trying to remember where I knew them from until the singer said "hey, we're Ravens and Chimes from New York." At this point, I stopped trying to place them and contentedly decided that I must have caught them in BK at some point during my extended tenure in the city. I can't really think of a good way to describe them so you'd probably be better off checking out their label, Better Looking Records, for some PR type descriptors. Here is a video of them rocking out too.

I talked to Paul from the label and he is so into hooking pillstohear up with some tracks so I'll get on that and share them with the quickness. In the meantime, here are two Afternoons tracks that are fucking sweet. Surprisingly, I really don't think any other blogger d-bags went out of their way to buy the friggin three dollar ep and share the goodness. Ridiculous: people just won't spend a goddamn cent on music these days. BUY MUSIC! BUY MUSIC FROM THESE BANDS ASAP.
In case you aren't convinced of the awesomeness, dig the tracks:

Afternoons: "Grafitti Artist" MP3 zshare

Afternoons: "Line 'Em Up" MP3 zshare

Oh, and I have some crappy quality cell phone video of afternoons playing too. Check it




No comments: